Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Waste of time

I really don't get what Congress is doing. This, to me, is a kind of non-issue. Although it angers me beyond comprehension when people burn the flag, I must admit that I don't believe that it warrants an Amendment. There are so many other places where Congress should be directing their attentions, such as the near-treasonous exposing of a covert and entirely legal operation tracking the financial backing of Jihadis by the New York Times, amongst other damaging exposes. I think that Congress should make a law that one can use any sort of means, up to lethal to stop people from burning a flag, but that will never happen. They could call it the Rick Monday law. In reality, it's one of those idiot litmus tests that humans seem to constantly apply to themselves. If you want to burn the flag, fine, but don't act as though you are making any brave statements or taking a stand of sort. Really, you're just a Noam Chomsky wanna-be hippy who feels badly that mommy and daddy gave you too many things and not enough love as a child and now just want some attention.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home