Sunday, February 05, 2006

Go Steelers

I'll be watching Super Bowl XL and at this point, I'm picking the Steelers by 10. Their defense, led by Troy Polamalu, is plain nasty, I love their rough and tumble style. Jerome Bettis deserves a ring, he's a bonafide Hall of Famer and truly a great man, always doing charity work and making a difference in people's lives. It's a shame he was tossed out of St Louis after one year, we missed out on a Hall of Famer (though we later got Marshall Faulk, who wasn't too shabby). I must say, I have to eat my own words; Ben Rothlisberger is the real deal. I thought he was a fluke last year, especially after his abysmal performance against New England in the AFC championship, but he is an absolute winner.
I've never been to Pittsburgh but it sounds like a neat city. And from what I hear, people in the City of Steel (which no longer manufacturers steel) live and die football. It's no wonder the Penguins and Pirates can't draw any fans. True, they're lousy teams, but Pittsburgh only has a heart big enough for the Steel Curtain.
They have stood by their team for many years and though long suffering they may be, they're never harsh. They're not wreckless like Eagles fans, annoying as Chiefs fans or fair-weathered like Rams fan. The Steelers haven't won since four months before my birth (I'm almost 26), so I'd love to see Rothlisberger, Bettis and company hoisting the Lombardi Trophy. Plus, Seattle is a division foe that beat the Rams twice this year, how could I possibly root for them?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home