Tuesday, April 18, 2006

I'm not surprised by Neil Young

My brother recently posted the article about Neil Young. Apparently, through his intricate gift of lyricism (is that a word?), he's on the same page as Howard Dean in calling for the president to be impeached. This doesnt shock me cause Young has a history of being, well, all over the place. He co-wrote the hippie anthem "Ohio" in the 70s, then in the 80s was a supporter of Ronald Reagan before becoming a supporter of Jesse Jackson. We all know he supported the Patriot Act but now he has changed his tune (no pun intended). Can't say I'm surprised and in all honesty, can't say I really care what Neil thinks.

In calling for Dubyas impeachment, I guess the left wants Dick Cheney as our president. Or we can look at reality and know they hate him and they'd have him impeached, and keep going down the line until 2008 rolls around. I know the likes of Rush Limbaugh say the left is just trying to gain back power by implementing such tactics. I personally don't believe they've thought their gameplan through. They spew out hatred towards Bush but I don't think it's necessarily with the mindset "if we keep trashing Bush, we can discredit and take power back."

I think they're simply spouting off their heartfelt opinions. They are overcome with their hatred of Bush, so I don't think they have the foresight to consider whether doing this helps their cause. It's a gut reaction on their part, not a well developed plan.

So once again, while the right is trying to defeat an enemy that wants the left and the right gone, the left has decided that GW and company are a far greater threat than the likes of Al Quaeda and the extremist (to borrow from Jack Wheeler) "Moslems." I consider Iraq to be a success so far but I wonder how much smoother it would go if the left would stop calling for a coup d'etat of our commander in chief and support a worthy cause. I'm not gonna call the left of this country "unpatriotic," it could offend George Clooney, but I will call them useful idiots. More on that topic later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home