Monday, April 03, 2006

the joy of sharia

Is there anything left of France? Foch would be crying in his wine. Where is the latter day Charles Martel or Charlemagne or Charles V, or hell, I'd even take Louis Napoleon. For a country that takes so much pride in their culture, they sure seem to be surrendering it pretty placidly. I guess they only consider American culture a threat. Soon France is going to have to realize that it is more than food, drink and indescipherable art to culture. Whilst in grad school, I remember reading a quote from some stuffy French intellectual that "a people truly confident in their culture has no need of clinging to relics of the past." Well, France sure isn't clinging to their past and they have found themselves rudderless with the barbarians bearing down upon them.
It saddens me because I love Europe and I love the people. To watch an entire culture commit suicide is terrifying. I fear for the world of my children.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home