Saturday, May 13, 2006

jumping ship

Seems conservatives are jumping ship on Bush (although I don't buy the 29% approval rating. The methodology is severly flawed. Rasmussen, a traditionally more accurate poll, puts him at 41%. Still lousy, but very different). Congress if faring even worse. Whearas I only see the Democrats taking one house of Congress or the other, I do think that the right wing is sending a message to our elected officials. Spendhogs like Lott need to go and they need to embrace the fiscally responsible platform upon which they first seized power. Coburn needs to be the face of the Republican party if they wish to lure back libertarian/conservative voters.
As well, they need to pay attention to our concerns about immigration, taxes and energy policy. It appears a shot is being fired across their bow. We'll see if they are smart enough to change course. My money is on no. I cannot vote for the Democrats as they are presently constituted, but I don't see how I can vote Republican either. What is a principled man to do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home