Sunday, August 13, 2006

did WW III just fizzle out

I would like to believe that it's true. I would like to think that somehow Hezballah and Israel can become good friends. I would love to believe that this peace isn't just a hudna, the Islamic practice of calling a cease-fire in order to re-arm and reorganize, and instead is a genuine cessation of all hostilities, and, more importantly, future plans of hostility. Perhaps I'm cynical, but I remain unconvinced.
My truest hope is that Lebanon can assert its rightful authority in the Southern, Hezballah controlled region. I don't believe Lebanon wanted this war, even if the current Prime-Minister is as slippery as fish dipped in Vaseline. I believe that Lebanon can become the upstanding, prosperous country that it was before the death cults moved in and made this once beautiful country their training ground and homebase. Hezballah must be destroyed and Lebanon must be the one to make the coup de gras. Then, and only then, can peace exist between the two countries. Otherwise, all we have is a temporary suspension of engagement and nothing more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home